Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 4-1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 29 oz. can pumpkin (appx. 3-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then stir in the pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate bowl; gradually mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until light brown. Cool on wire racks.