A, B and I have been making some Perler Bracelets from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Cape Discovery Spring Catalog. You can check out this and the other 72 featured projects in the catalog and get in on the crafting fun.
Check out what we made!
Check out what we made!
These bracelets are actually pretty simple to make, the only thing is that you need to decide on a pattern and map it out before you start. We really liked the chevron pattern in the photo so I figured that one out and made a little pattern for others to follow.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:2 packages of two different colored perler beads
1 spool of elastic string
1 needle (optional)
1. Cut 2-3 yards of elastic string. (2 yards will be enough for a small child's bracelet)
2. Tie a slip knot around a small object to use as a stopper on the start end of the elastic.
3. Add 6 perler beads to the string.
4. Add 1 bead and put elastic through the 5th bead of the first row.
5. Add 1 bead and thread the elastic through the 3rd bead of the first row.
6. Add 1 bead and thread the elastic through the 1st bead of the first row.
7. Pull tight. Repeat the weave again starting with adding another bead and pulling it through the 3rd bead of the 2nd row. (see picture for diagram)
8. Once the desired length is completed (and your pattern matches up) the ends will fit together like a zipper. Weave both ends through in the same weave pattern to connect. Tie off and feed elastic ends back through beads and cut excess.
So, what do you think? Mine vs. Theirs?
I think the bracelet turned out great and it's the perfect size for my girls (I can just fit it over my hand but can't wear it for long if I want to maintain feeling in my hand). If you made it a little smaller this would make a really cute ponytail cover, just slide a bobby pin through to hold in place. We will have to make one for that use next.
Now on to the fun you have been waiting for. I received a gift card to help cover the cost of supplies to make and share this project. We had so much fun making our bracelets as we do all our crafts so we wanted to give one lucky person something to use for their own crafting fun. We teamed up with Girly Do Hairstyles to offer someone the chance to win a gift card to Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. You can spend it on making hair accessories to pretty up the great hair-do's you can find over at Girly Do Hairstyles or try out one of the projects we've done here on The Other Sink or flip through the catalog of ideas and find something fun to do with the kids. Anything you want to do, it's yours to spend! Also make sure you sign up here to receive a 20% off coupon. #summerofjoann
Hosted By: The Other Sink
Co-Hosted by: Girly Do Hairstyles
Enter for your chance to win a $25 gift card to Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores !
Giveaway open to US residents 18+ only
All entries are optional but will increase your odds of winning.
Giveaway runs May 25 - June 8
There is a Mandatory email entry and FB likes, all the rest will increase your odds of winning.